What is the meaning of the green check marks on the upgrade page?

(Uwe Keim) #1

I’ve noticed in my own Discourse installation that some weeks ago green checkmarks started to appear on the left of most of the entries on the upgrade page:

I did a search here and also tried to hover over the icons. Still, I don’t understand what they mean.

What makes me wonder is:

• The main Discourse entry never has a green check mark, no matter whether up-to-date or not.
  • The other items always have a green check mark, no matter whether up-to-date or not.

My question:

What is the meaning of the green check marks on the upgrade page?

(Bhanu Sharma) #2

Those green checks mean that the plugin is an official plugin maintained by Discourse

(Uwe Keim) #3

Thanks. Maybe a mouse hover tooltip could be useful?

(Régis Hanol) #5

There should definitely be a tooltip there. Will add it.

Wait, it already has a tooltip

(Jay Pfaffman) #7

I couldn’t figure out what the check meant either. It would be more obvious if the glyph could be the discourse logo.

(and I didn’t notice the hover either)

(Jeremy M (Jerdog)) #8

I figured it was for official, but hovering over for a tooltip doesn’t work - ALT tags (if I recall correctly) only show up if the image is broken

(Régis Hanol) #9

Ok, it now has a title as well :wink:

(Jay Pfaffman) #10

I just did an update and I’m not seeing a tooltip. When is Font Awesome going to add a Discourse icon?

Edit: I see them on the Plugin page. I was looking on the upgrade page.

(But I still find the check a confusing way to say “Official Discourse”.)

(David Taylor) #11

That would be handy :wink:

(Jay Pfaffman) #12

Since the Nice People at Font Awesome went to all that trouble, could you change that mysterious :white_check_mark: into a calming, satisfying, and reassuring :discourse:?

(Rafael dos Santos Silva) #13

That would need Updating Font Awesome icons?

(Jay Pfaffman) #14

That’s what I thought, and then I thought that since since I have :discourse: here that it could also be put on the plugins screen.