What makes discourse.org hosting better than Communiteq, if anything?

The better way to do this is via plugin-outlets. If a plugin outlet doesn’t exist for your extension point submit a PR. Contribute back to Discourse to make the software better for everyone!

That is not the only reason I called the plugin ‘not great’. It does things that aren’t idiomatic like generating script tags and stuffing them in the DOM. It refreshes itself by tearing out the old elements and putting them back in (which I suspect is a violation of Google’s TOS about replacing ads without a refresh.)

Of course I am glad it is working for some people. It is just not up to the Discourse official standards. I would not support the plugin in its current state.

We prefer for our customers to have the best, most up to date version of our software. In fact its development is often driven by their requests so we’d like them to use and help us build features as soon as possible. We also install every plugin we bless for all plans. You don’t need enterprise to use tagging, polls or akismet :smile:

1 Like