What's best way to upload new web font into docker container without being wiped out after app rebuild?

I’ve ssh into docker container and uploaded new web font for my forum. It’s running just fine until I did the rebuild which wiped out all of my web fonts. I’m not really sure how can I upload my new web fonts into docker without getting those fonts being wiped out every single time I do rebuild? thanks

I suggest using external cache for web font like Google Web Fonts instead. Faster and easier and safer.

If an external host is not an option, upload the font as a file in the “Assets for the forum design” topic.

4 Likes

I dont think Google fonts allow you to host custom font on ther ( also I dont want to my font to be available for public ). I want to is to be able to host the font files on my own server and not having it wiped out somehow.

Or you can allow the upload file type and store it in the site assets topic as @riking noted.

I’ve encountered one issue when I try to upload my webfont into topic Assets for the forum design in Staff category
When I upload SVG font file, the upload popup error say "Sorry, but we couldn’t determine the size of the image. Maybe your image is corrupted?"

You need to make sure it’s an “allowed upload type” first.

No I think he is, but our SVG code assumes SVG is an image not a font. Are there SVG fonts that end in .svg?

Yes, I’ve converted my font using a webfont conversion tool. The conversion came with SVG file,EOT file, and WOFF file as well ( it’ quite similar to Font Awesome, Font awesome also came with SVG, EOT and WOFF )

Having the the same issue with an svg file.
@Huey_Le, did you manage to install your custom fonts after all?

Nope, I just could not figure out the way to do it… I gave up

That’s too bad.
@codinghorror, is it too much to ask for a couple of pointers on this issue?
I would actually like to match the fonts I have on my blog with the one on the forum. Its not as straightforward for us people unable to utilize google fonts (or any google library for that matter). Great firewall and what not :smiley:

If you already have the fonts on your blog - just link to the font files hosted over there.

Part of the problem will be getting files served up with the correct content types.

2 Likes

That sounds reasonable, will try that. Thank you.