When I open a Discourse forum is displayed "Page 1 - ..." on the browser

It happens from 1 or 2 days with various browsers, and only when I open the forums (this, my, and other discourse forums) but not when I navigate through the various topics.

Is a voluntary change?

2 Likes

I can repro on Meta and Try. I donā€™t believe this is intentionally, but itā€™s also incredibly minor.

1 Like

Certainly, in fact I opened this topic only for curiosity, believing that it was a desired change and wondering if I got lost some discussion about it.

1 Like

If there was discussion I missed it too :sweat_smile:.

1 Like

The closest thing to a discussion about this that might be related that I can remember seeing was about the importance of having a good title for SEO purposes.

1 Like

ā€œPage 1ā€ is an awful title for SEO purposes.

It makes sense - text-only viewers / JS disabled users / crawlers get a paginated view of the forum rendered server side so that it can still be used. ā€˜Page 1 - Discourse Metaā€™

Then when the app loads the page title is replaced with just e.g. ā€˜Discourse Metaā€™.

Maybe you just now noticed it and itā€™s like the Fedex arrow - you canā€™t unsee it? :slight_smile:

EDIT: it does appear to be a difference that has come up recently, but Iā€™m not sure why - havenā€™t dug into it.

3 Likes

Can you repro this @techapj on a connection from India with more delay? I wonder where that title text would be coming from.

2 Likes

Itā€™s coming from the HTML title provided in the initial page load.

2 Likes

Hmm if it is the non-crawler HTML we should fix that @techapj. I canā€™t easily view source on my iPad to verify.

2 Likes

I can repro this here on Meta, added on my list to fix. :memo:

3 Likes

I just fixed this, the flashing was bugging me.

8 Likes