Where can i download the android app for discourse?

hello, i once installed an android application (an android client for discourse) over the Discourse forum. I reinstalled my phone and would like to use it again. I downloaded it on the CMake forum but i cannot remember where.

2 Likes

i remember now there was a pop-up, one that said enable notifications, then another that asked to download the android app.

1 Like
1 Like

Are you talking about the PWA or the Android app on the Google Play Store?

2 Likes

thank you for your help.

DiscourseHub seems useful to manage multiple Discourse accounts. This is different from what i had, i definitely did not install anything over Play Store.

I had a CMake icon on my launcher with full native experience for CMake discourse forum. It wasn’t using the browser and i was able to use it offline, to some extent.

i don’t know what PWA means, is it related to android or discourse?

1 Like

If you go to the forum you want the specific app for, and open up your browser menu, you should see something like ‘install app’, or ‘add to home page’ in the list (I believe it’s slightly different for each browser). Tap on that and it should give you what you want.

Clearing your cookies may also make the app banner pop back up for you again on that forum too (depending on their current settings).

2 Likes

That’s what a PWA is. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.