I recently upgraded from phpBB to Discourse, but in the same amount of time, 13 people came to my phpBB by only 1 person came to my Discourse. Why is that?
If you’re really interested in an answer to this question you might want to give us more information, well any information.
- How long ago did you move to Discourse?
- How did you move to Discourse?
- Are you using a new FQDN or the same as your phpBB install?
- Did you move all your content?
- How are you redirecting old URLs to new?
- How did you introduce your new Discourse instance to existing users?
- What time period is that sample over?
- By people do you mean new users? existing users? anonymous visitors?
- What sources of introduction bring users to your community?
- Did you update the Google Search Console with any relevant details for your new site?
With at least something to go on any answer is a stab in the dark. For now I’m going to go with “your server has a vitamin C deficiency” because it’s as likely as anything else I can say without a single shred of information.
- About a month ago
- I bought a digital ocean server
- About a month
- Users in general. I don’t believe in a category. I used phpBB for a month and Discourse for a month. Before that, I used fluxBB with a lot of users, but most of these were advertising bots.
- My homepage
… these sites are both live?
Also, that’s not a great name change, and is probably part of the traffic drop. It’s also very, very hard to measure traffic when your baseline is 13 visits in a month.