Why is hamburger icon still in the top right corner in mobile view for the new sidebar?

i don’t see why this is?
i LOVE that in desktop view it is up on the top left where it should be, above the sidebar navigation menu. i really like an intuitively balanced UI with menus opposite and equal minimal icons on ether side. it’s placement difference is very noticeable when one switches views, which i do quite often on the same device. i also really like that the desktop navigation menu is more similar to the mobile view one in how it looks and behaves. but i of course my grey matter is curious about the fact the hamburger icon was moved for desktop but not mobile. i searched for a component to move it over but alas i could not find and i presume this is not an easy thing to do.

new sidebar looks great on my site, thanks team :slight_smile:

2 Likes

@awesomerobot That’s a fair question actually? I can’t come up with a good reason.

2 Likes

i apologize if i seem picky or overly critical of such things. - assessing and advising on application UI for business units used to be part of my job and i can’t help it. i just rolled the side bar navigation menu out this week so i am likely going to have more critical analysis at some point. already had some icon fun :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Haha I think being nitpicky is a core value of being a designer too, so don’t feel bad xD

We can’t always respond/fix everything right away or give priority to smaller issue, but it’s always appreciated!

1 Like

oh gosh i know that, no worries. team is amazing and were very timely this week in assisting me with some things under the hood, so to speak. :pray: :slight_smile:

1 Like

just as a related aside, i renamed the dynamic “Everything” link filter to be “Recent / Unread” because that feels a bit more appropriate for my forum.

It really would be so much better on the left on mobile, as that is the side the menu slides out from.

This appears something that was missed rather than a deliberate choice!

1 Like