Why is my website still accessible on my old domain?

I changed my domain from thesenterium.com to www.thesenterium.com because I needed a subdomain for fastly, when I go to the apex domain, it still loads my app. I have rebuilt on www and my dns record look like so

Edit: if I got to www.thesenterium.com, it automatically redirects me to thesenterium.com, I edited the A record about 2 hours ago and the tts was 3600.

1 Like

Google “Domain Propagation.”

Short version: depending on what DNS resolvers are involved, you might need to wait up to 72 hours for everything to settle out correctly.

EDIT: FWIW, I’m getting a response on the www version, but a server not found on the non-www version.

1 Like

Is there a way to check if its still resolving, or will it just say its resolved or its not resolved.

1 Like

Oh really, might be my browser using a cached version then.
Thanks to @Sailsman63 for telling me.
Edit: can confirm, browser is using a cached version of the website.

1 Like

Or your local DNS.

When you make changes to your A records, It takes time for the changes to be picked up by the subsidiary servers. For example, your ISP probably uses cached values, with their own cache expiration timing. The mirror that they check from probably also has a cache, on for however many levels.

1 Like

You can use the free DNS propagation tool at https://dnspropagation.net/.
I just checked and there is a timeout (worldwide) for checking your A, AAA, CNAME records, but the TXT shows up worldwide except for Argentina, India, South Africa and Spain. MX records time out in Argentina, Brazil, India and Spain.
A second check for TXT now shows up for South Africa. So it is propagating. It’s just going to take a bit longer.
Trying to reach your site directly shows it unreachable for me at this moment. Patience.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.