🎉 WP Discourse now has logs and tests

We’re very excited to announce a new feature in v2.2.5 of WP Discourse plugin: Logs! Logging may sound a bit boring, but I’ve been excited about this update for months :sweat_smile:. You can check out the details here

As part of v2.2.5 we’ve also released a number other integrity-focused changes, including unit tests, production composer packages, CI updates and code formatting changes. The specifics of these are more for developers, but the benefits of which will be seen by end users over time. If you’re a developer wanting to learn more, please check out the new developer-focused documentation in the plugin:


this update took my site offline, looks like it is requesting vendor/autoload.php which doesn’t exist at least in the updated zip on wordpress.org

Update: removed the wordpress plugin and ioquake3.org is back online.

Particulars of my deployment: I’m using a demyx deploy of wordpress so it’s possible something there isn’t behaving right. Error log:

Warning: require_once(/demyx/wp-content/plugins/wp-discourse/vendor/autoload.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /demyx/wp-content/plugins/wp-discourse/wp-discourse.php on line 60
    Fatal error: require_once(): Failed opening required '/demyx/wp-content/plugins/wp-discourse/vendor/autoload.php' (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php') in /demyx/wp-content/plugins/wp-discourse/wp-discourse.php on line 60
    Error: There has been a critical error on this website.Learn more about troubleshooting WordPress. There has been a critical error on this website.

Thanks for the report, we’ll take a look straight away.

edit @TimeDoctor Thanks for those further details. We’ve identified the issue and will be submitting an update shortly. Sorry for any inconvenience caused and thank you for your prompt report.


17 of my sites went down over the last few hours. :weary:


WP Discourse version 2.2.5 fixes the issue: WP Discourse – WordPress plugin | WordPress.org. It’s available in the WordPress repo now.

Edit: The issue was caused by the plugin’s auto-load files not getting pushed to the WordPress repo. Angus has found a good workaround for the problem. I’ve tested the latest version on my own WordPress site and it loads without errors.