I’m still reading through old threads on using WP SSO, but I was curious if sharing our roadmap might surface any advice. Are there things we should look out for? Things we should avoid?
- WordPress (foundation)
- MemberPress (manages user accounts)
- LearnDash (LMS, course creation)
- Discourse (private, member community)
Our Desired Onboarding Experience:
- Visitor arrives on our WP site (content marketing) & converts to paid member.
– We’re thinking about a 24-hour free trial (w/ auto-conversion).
- WP Discourse plugin (SSO) generates Discourse account (TL0).
- TL0 gets read-only access to the bulk of the categories.
- TL0-1 promotion requires 5 minutes posting an introduction.
- After 24hrs, member’s card is charged, membership is official, auto-promoted to TL1.
WP SSO would manage accounts so that only paid/current members have access to both community and LMS content.
I’m curious if there’s either a simpler or better way to do this. Reducing new member friction is important, but so is ensuring longterm scalability, ya know?
Appreciate any insights. Thank you.