Youtube embed size, revisited

Works great! Thank you! :blue_heart:

2 Likes

Latest fixes this thanks to @david work on getting higher resolution thumbnails.

So this video should, fluidly, use the full width of a post area:

7 Likes

Just to fully understand, is there anything to do as an admin in order to have these full width video on our forum? New settings to enable or something like that?

1 Like

Nothing special, just update to latest.

4 Likes

Related question:

How do we put back the original size of the YouTube videos? They’re now way too big for our forum. Most of our members like the smaller size.

Before / after screenshot

1 Like

Set the div size with CSS.

3 Likes

Getting the following error message, please tell me what happened.

1 Like

So, there’s no help for me then?

The person who used to take care of our site is not with the company any longer and the new person doesn’t have much experience with coding, so we’re really flying blind here.

1 Like

Is it that straightforward?

I tried changing the width of .lazyYT-container but the preview image is cropped and the height won’t adjust automatically:

For now if you still have this error, just remove the line 11 of your CSS (it’s not valid CSS) until a solution is found.

2 Likes

If you want to keep the aspect ratio of 16:9 you will need to take care to both width and height.

The outside container can be adjusted with the width CSS property, while the height is currently set using a padding-bottom property.

I believe the old values where 480 and 270 respectively.

2 Likes

I added a new theme component on your site named YouTube fix. It is already active on your site, feel free to edit the value as you need. To see the changes you should click on the Rebuilt HTML button on posts.

5 Likes

Thank you so much for taking care of this! Sorry to be such a bother.

3 Likes

Would probably also be a good time to use something like https://github.com/paulirish/lite-youtube-embed

1 Like