Youtube is rate limiting us on global rebake

I’ve got a site that I just moved to a new server. Now none of the youtube links are one-boxing. They don’t onebox if I rebuild html, or rebake from the command line, or post the link to a new message.

I thought it might be space related, but I’ve cleaned up the disk and re-enabled download images to local.

They have tons of youtube links and it appears that when the posts got rebaked it triggered rate limiting on the youtube side.

When I pull from youtube I see this:

<div class="clear"></div>
</div><div id="content" class="  content-alignment" role="main"><p class='largeText'>Sorry for the interruption. We have been receiving a large volume of requests from your network.</p>

@sam I’m pinging you because I saw you committed something related to this rebaking and I suspect that this could cause problems for other sites that rebake lots of youtube links.

4 Likes

I saw this exact thing reported this week in 2 other places.

I am not really sure what to do here, we don’t want to get into some infinite loop of rebakes each time this fails.

I can not easily think of any easy win here short of just queuing another rebake searching for the problem content in cooked, limiting to say 50 at a time.

3 Likes

@pfaffman one question regarding this issue you had (which happened later than this one). This meant that any new post with a YouTube URL wasn’t oneboxed, right?

Did you get over this by rebaking everything with a limit on them?

Sorry. I just don’t remember. I think the problem was compounded by it being a subfolder site where WordPress was also doing… Something.

1 Like