I love discourse but I have a few issues

I have a few problems,

1. Theme components, I tried adding the theme selector to my instance but it doesn’t show up, I’ve updated, disabled it and re-added it, cleared cf cache, rebuilt instance. First one I added was dark mode switcher, worked for a few days then Idr what I did then it stopped working, I remember this being a thing some years ago but shocked it’s still happening.

2. Large file/videos uploading and multiple videos uploading, after doing some search I realize you guys said it’s not optimized for it, I tried changing app.yml to raise limit, max I can do is 100MB, is it also a cf issue? Or mostly nginx related? I’d love was optimized for it, yes I know you can upload to a host but still (pardon my ignorance if it’s literally impossible with how the discourse is made)

3. When uploading multiple files, why does it “upload” then tells you that a few didn’t upload? Can the 20 files limit he increased?

4. On mobile When you click your profile/ sidebar hamburger menu, I wish it didn’t click the topic or buttons when you’re trying to click off.

5. Slow files uploading, is it because it’s not optimized for it or is it something else? My server has 1gbps port, not slow at all, yet uploading files like 50 MB takes a while (I have good upload speed so that’s not the issue

I’ll genuinely love some answers/fix if possibly and some advices, again, pardon my ignorance I don’t know everything, I’ve spent hours researching here but not many of my issues have been solved

2 Likes

Hello and welcome @Genisis :slight_smile:

We have a ‘one issue per topic’ format here on meta. It makes it much easier for people to answer, and makes best use of our organisation tools (tags, Related Topics, Solved, etc).

If you could split these into one topic per issue (and give each topic a descriptive title) that would be great. :+1:

6 Likes