Restrict uploads

This is a very small theme component that will remove the upload button from the composer toolbar and disable drag-and-drop uploading for users that are under a specified trust level.

Repository link
https://github.com/tshenry/discourse-restrict-uploads

Illustration

Settings

Installation

If you are unfamiliar with theme components and how to install them, check out the theme installation guide. And if you’d like to learn more about Discourse themes, take a look at this guide.

19 Likes

My forum is pushing 1.1GB in uploaded media. We’re growing in a way I wasn’t super prepared for and have been trying to coerce users to use places like imgur instead. This really, really helps!

3 Likes

I have try this components but its not working.

Can @tshenry help me?

This are the screen shot of my installation. I want to restrict user who have trust level 2 or below

Hi there :wave:

I just checked and it appears to be working correctly. Can you make sure you have added the Restrict Uploads component to your main theme? You will also need to hard-refresh the page for the component to take effect. Oh, and make sure the account you are using for testing is not a staff user.

4 Likes

:warning: A note to anyone using this component - there is an update to the component that requires you to be running the latest tests-passed version of Discourse. If your Discourse site is not up to date, DO NOT update the component as it will reference core code that you do not have yet which will break the composer functionality of your site.

5 Likes