I thought I had this fixed but did recently change the url on my blog so maybe that caused this
A new blog post
Did not publish under the users name on the forum
How do I make sure this is corrected?
Thank you in advance
The issue is with a Wordpress blog post not publishing under the correct username on a Discourse forum. anon48433008 recently changed their blog URL and is seeking help to correct the issue.
angus explains that posts are published under the user’s Discourse account if their Discourse username is filled in their Wordpress profile. If not, the “Publishing Username” in the Connection settings is used.
anon48433008 corrected the username in the profile and is using DiscourseConnect, but updating the post did not change the published username.
angus advises that for already published posts without a username, the author needs to be changed in Discourse using post admin controls.
I thought I had this fixed but did recently change the url on my blog so maybe that caused this
A new blog post
Did not publish under the users name on the forum
How do I make sure this is corrected?
Thank you in advance
Hey @anon48433008,
Posts are published using the user’s Discourse account if their Discourse username is filled in their Wordpress profile.
If you’re using DiscourseConnect with WP Discourse and have the “Update Userdata” Webhook enabled this will happen automatically.
If a user does not have a Discourse username in their Wordpress profile the “Publishing Username” in the Connection settings will be used, which is what happened with that post you linked (you have system as the publishing username).
Awesome
They did not have their username in their profile, I corrected that and am using the DiscourseConnect
I also tried to update the post, no affect, I then chose to link to the existing and again tried to update, no change to published username, will there be a delay or is there another step I need to take to correct this instance?
Thank you!
For posts already published without a username you’ll need to change the author in Discourse using post admin controls.