Hetzner experiences

Hetzner’s CX servers include at least one Snapshopt for free, which is great, and it just takes a few seconds to create one. But they issue this warning:

Power off your vServer before taking a snapshot to ensure data consistency. If you take a snapshot of a running vServer, data in the memory cannot be saved. To restore a snapshot, the vServer must be switched off.

Can someone translate what this means for discourse (and, Wordpress, for that matter)? I understand that if I take a Snapshot only includes whatever is saved to the disk, but does it matter that I don’t get what was in RAM (and swap?)? Or when does it matter?

BTW: have you seen the revamped Hetzner-website? Was about time :wink: Now, I hope, the next redesign will be the beautiful backend…

I’ll post a screenshot here, so we can compare before and after