1.4.0 Beta 2 and broken usage tips images

Hello,

Since we upgraded to beta 2, the images in usage_tips (/admin/customize/site_text/usage_tips) message went missing:

/images/welcome/progress-bar.png
/images/welcome/quote-reply.png
...etc

Is there a way to fix it?

Thanks!

Are they missing here?

It will be correct for new welcome messages, as the file names changed.

But old ones will have broken images. I do not want to carry old images around forever.

What are the new file names? We have customized the welcome message and I guess that paths won’t be auto-updated for us.

Thanks!

You can right click the “broken” images to get the correct, current path that needs to be translated into the other language versions.

It seems image paths now include a “-2x”, so for example:

/images/welcome/progress-bar.png

Is now

/images/welcome/progress-bar-2x.png

We also had to fix image heights to fit the new ones.

My current welcome messages are going out with broken images.
http://experts.feverbee.com/t/welcome-to-feverbee/625 (only @codinghorror etc will be able to see that obviously)

How can I sort this?

Shouldn’t be – the new image paths are valid at the time the message is generated, for new users.

@zogstrip added the old image files back in later, which would “fix” the older welcome PMs sent to users created days, weeks, or months ago.

Aha, it looks like you customized the message. That’d cause it – I would remove that customization for now. It looks like only the first sentence was changed?

Alternately, when the new code is deployed, it will have the “old” images in it that @zogstrip added back.

I did. I’m going to customise it further too. :frowning:

Do you think it would be smarter if I add my own imagery?

Either way, but pick the “new” image paths for now as those are definitely valid (and more up to date…) The “old” image paths will also be valid once we deploy to customers again.

1 Like