Discourse has long allowed admins to configure user custom fields to allow users to share additional information on the site. Fields could be configured to show on a user’s profile page, as well as the user card. Now, admins can configure user fields to display in the User Directory. Admins can use the wrench to configure what columns appear in the directory, including custom fields.
Moving forward, tagging will be enabled by default on all new Discourse installations. This change will not impact existing sites that upgrade.
Out of the box, the user card will display the user’s trust level badge, followed by the two “highest” level badges - gold first, if no gold then silver, if no silver then bronze. Users can now select the 2 badges they wish to display by marking the badge as favorite.
When an entire topic is merged to another, a “stub” is left, with just the first post and a message that the topic was moved. These stub topics will now be automatically deleted, 7 days after merged. Admins can modify this via the
delete merged stub topics after days site setting.
As users increase in their trust level, their limits increase and they gain additional abilities on the site. For example, a TL3 user can like 2x the posts per day as a TL1 user. Edits are similarly limited, and now also increase as a user’s trust level goes up. For full details on trust levels, see Understanding Discourse Trust Levels
Previously, onebox content was not passed by the censor regex, meaning you could sneak in censored words via onebox. This has been fixed, so words set to be censored will be censored even in oneboxes.
- Improve topic details toggle button label
- Add aria-label to modal close button
- Include aria-label for avatar images in widgets
- Add heading role for post titles.
- Fix post control and user-menu focus styles
This beta has so many new features we can’t detail them all. Below are some additional features of note. You can find the full list of new features in the following post.
- Stage post edits immediately
- Show all categories in composer
- Improve group email settings UI
- Enable pausing images from Giphy and Tenor
- Show an error message if regex is invalid
- Silence watched word
- Navigate to an approved queued topic from the review queue.
- Correctly convert topic title to uppercase and lowercase for Turkish default locale
- Add tasks to export and import site structure
- Support tag and replace in watched words in test modal
- Allow for notification of up to 20 group owners