“500 Internal Server Error” when reviewing a post

Good Afternoon,

It appears we are facing a pair of issues, though I am unable to locate a direct solution.

Our AI has identified a user employing offensive language, and I have permanently terminated their account, beginning with the eradication of all posts/messages associated with said account. However, in the notifications, as depicted above, I find there is no option to eliminate or erase the persistent blue lines.

Am I overlooking something, or is there a method to remove these?

Bumping as I have found a similar situation to what I’m having issues with, but this topic is now closed.

I’ve done a rebuild just to see if that would fix the problem, and also ran the ./launcher cleanup, but nothing has worked.

what is in /logs when you get that 500 error?

Good morning sam.

Message (43 copies reported)

NoMethodError (undefined method `chat_channel' for nil:NilClass)
lib/freedom_patches/ams_include_without_root.rb:57:in `include!'
app/controllers/application_controller.rb:532:in `serialize_data'
app/controllers/application_controller.rb:541:in `render_serialized'
app/controllers/reviewables_controller.rb:145:in `show'
app/controllers/application_controller.rb:423:in `block in with_resolved_locale'
app/controllers/application_controller.rb:423:in `with_resolved_locale'
lib/middleware/omniauth_bypass_middleware.rb:64:in `call'
lib/content_security_policy/middleware.rb:12:in `call'
lib/middleware/anonymous_cache.rb:393:in `call'
lib/middleware/gtm_script_nonce_injector.rb:10:in `call'
config/initializers/008-rack-cors.rb:14:in `call'
config/initializers/100-quiet_logger.rb:20:in `call'
config/initializers/100-silence_logger.rb:29:in `call'
lib/middleware/enforce_hostname.rb:24:in `call'
lib/middleware/request_tracker.rb:233:in `call'

Backtrace

plugins/discourse-ai/app/serializers/reviewable_ai_chat_message_serializer.rb:13:in `chat_channel'
active_model_serializers (0.8.4) lib/active_model/serializer/associations.rb:71:in `associated_object'
active_model_serializers (0.8.4) lib/active_model/serializer/associations.rb:192:in `serialize'
lib/freedom_patches/ams_include_without_root.rb:57:in `include!'
active_model_serializers (0.8.4) lib/active_model/serializer.rb:368:in `block in include_associations!'
active_model_serializers (0.8.4) lib/active_model/serializer.rb:367:in `each_key'
active_model_serializers (0.8.4) lib/active_model/serializer.rb:367:in `include_associations!'
active_model_serializers (0.8.4) lib/active_model/serializer.rb:362:in `serializable_hash'
active_model_serializers (0.8.4) lib/active_model/serializer.rb:343:in `as_json'
app/controllers/application_controller.rb:532:in `serialize_data'

Thanks, we will look at this over the next week or so and add protection to the serializer.

1 Like

Hi @Aaron_Walsh, thanks for the report.

After this commit, you should be able to load the reviewables and dismiss the ones that were about the chat messages from that deleted user

2 Likes

Thank you immensely! While I had no reason to question the task at hand, this has indeed worked marvelously!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 17 hours. New replies are no longer allowed.