/about page showing erroneous statistics

On a fresh installation of Discourse, our “About” page (/about) is showing erroneous statistics:

How can I refresh the statistics or remove them from the “About” page?

1 Like

Why are those stats “erroneous” ?

The stats are erroneous because our community has only been online for two days, doesn’t have 18 topics, nor does it have 150 posts.

1 Like

When I view the browser console, I see the following error:

Content Security Policy: The page’s settings blocked the loading of a resource at inline (“script-src”).

It seems related to this function in content-script.js:40:65:

function executeScript(script) {
    var element = document.createElement('script');
    element.innerHTML = '('+ script +')();';
    (document.body || document.head || document.documentElement).appendChild(element);
    // We need to remove the script tag after inserting or else websites relying on the order of items in
    // document.getElementsByTagName("script") will break (looking at you, Google Hangouts)
    element.parentNode.removeChild(element);
}
1 Like

In addition to the issue with the stats, there seems to be some, perhaps related, issue rendering template text from settings:

Which comes from the following text:

I bet it has 18 topics and 150 posts including PMs!

OK, that makes a bit of sense. It is confusing to users and administrators however. I’m not sure what an easy fix would be to reduce the confusion. Is it possible to just disable the statistics widget?

1 Like

What do you make of the console error and the rendering issue with <ins> variables? Should I open a separate thread?

Nope but you could hide it using CSS.

You may be overthinking this though. Users generally just don’t care.

2 Likes

I opened this discussion thread because a community steward pointed out that the statistics were misleading.

1 Like