Activate button doesn't work

I setup Discourse in localhost, but in production mode, with Passenger & Nginx.
Action mailer is setup with mailtrap.io. I create account and get activation email. I click to the link and is brought to activate page with the “Activate your account” button. However, when I click to that button, nothing happens. No message shows, no redirection. From that on, if I go to any URL in the site, I only get this: https://i.imgur.com/wxWQUmW.png. The site stops working.

Did I do something wrong?

— Update 1 —
I found this in log/production.log:

Job exception: Wrapped ActiveRecord::RecordNotUnique: PG::UniqueViolation: ERROR:  duplicate key value violates unique constraint "index_uploads_on_sha1"
DETAIL:  Key (sha1)=(48d15c70043e5c6da051b473073a85d7e893c9d9) already exists.
: INSERT INTO "uploads" ("created_at", "filesize", "height", "origin", "original_filename", "sha1", "updated_at", "url", "user_id", "width") VALUES ($1, $2, $3, $4, $5, $6, $7, $8, $9, $10) RETURNING "id"

— Update 2 —

• On Firefox, if I open home page of my Discourse in tab 1, and open activation link in tab 2, the tab 2 will face the issue as described above. While in the tab 1, if I reload, the page become hanging (with busy JavaScript) and make the whole Firefox window freeze (CPU usage increases).
  • When the issue happens, if I open my Discourse in another browser (Chromium), the site works as normal. I think there may be something wrong with cookies.

Sounds like a busted install to me. Is this for development or for a live site?

1 Like

It is for try. It runs on my localhost for me to test before setup in live site.

That’s the <noscript> content, except as plain text. Something’s wrong.

I’ve just added more info (see Update 2).