"Click Here to activate your account" button disabled

I’ve had discourse running now for a few years without issue. It’s on a Digital Ocean droplet.
Lately, though, I’ve had a couple of people tell me that clicking the “Click Here to activate your account” button doesn’t work.
How do I resolve this?

1 Like

I don’t have a lot of info here to identify the issue but from the description it looks like it may be a result of some kind of email tracking or a theme conflict in place…
What email provider are you using with your discourse site?
Do they offer some kind of email tracking service?
If so, is that service enabled?
It is possible that such a service might be blocked by an ad blocker or privacy focused browser which would explain this behavior, but in this case the account activation page itself wouldn’t load if the link is modified by the tracker, it shouldn’t actually prevent someone from clicking the activation button once the page has loaded.
Do you have any theme/theme component installed that might be conflicting with the page?
Do you have browser error logs from affected users?

1 Like

Thank you for your reply.
The e-mail service is through one of my hosts, and it doesn’t offer any tracking. It’s very basic but has been reliable.
It’s basically that the button is there, but inactive. What sets whether or not that button is “active”?
It’s a miracle that a user even reported the problem, getting logs would be like seeing a unicorn!

1 Like

Ok, it was an edit to my CSS that I guess caused the problem. Not sure how one would affect the other, but here’s the section of my CSS which, when removed, fixes the issue. I was trying to make the header a little dimmer.

header::before {
    content: "";
    position: absolute;
    top: 0px;
    right: 0px;
    bottom: 0px;
    left: 0px;
    background-color: rgba(0,0,0,0.2);
}