Add a CC to email rejection notice sent by discourse?

While looking at the rejected emails logged in discourse admin, I’m seeing that the vast majority are issues which would be faster for me to resolve directly & inform the user what happened.

Doing that would also have prevented about 1/2 the messages I’m seeing.

If I’d seen these as they happened, it’d have been wonderful. How could I get CC (or BCC, whichever) on these rejection emails?

5 Likes

This would be really useful, especially because incoming mail handling has a few quite surprising corner cases and bugs.

3 Likes

Better than a B/CC email, you can see all the rejected emails and their reasons by going to the /admin/email/rejected section.

1 Like

Great to have, but since I can’t delete things once dealt with, or mark them as “resolved”, that list is harder to keep up with than getting a copy in an inbox.

Would it be possible to attach notes to these, or have them delivered to a team inbox within Discourse?

You could remove them via the rails console.

1 Like

That’d be better than not… but I don’t see how to find the ID to remove via the UI…

I’ve got 50 on the server w the largest issue here, ID 2584 & so on… what’s a good way to remove one?

You will have to open up your browser’s Network inspector and click on any of the error. That will make a request to /admin/email/incoming/<id>.json which is the id of the incoming email.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 19 hours. New replies are no longer allowed.