(updated to hopefully make more clear… sorry if I’m not making sense)
Steps to replicate:
- on discourse, create test user account ONE with email
ONE@one.comand leave at default notification settings
- configure a discourse group inbox with an email-in email address
- send an email from a 3rd email address
THREE@three.com, not on discourse, to
TWO@two.comwith a cc to ONE@one.com
- check ONE@one.com email: you will see two emails:
- email from THREE@three.com
- email from discourse
What I would expect and hope for is that at step 4 the test user would only get the email from THREE@three.com. They would not get an email from discourse at all, though the notification can and should still appear on the notification menu when next they log in.
This issue is not a major one for staff, but it can and will get confusing and annoying for members who will get an extra email and not know where to go to reply.