Add a CC to email rejection notice sent by discourse?

(Allen - Watchman Monitoring) #1

While looking at the rejected emails logged in discourse admin, I’m seeing that the vast majority are issues which would be faster for me to resolve directly & inform the user what happened.

Doing that would also have prevented about 1/2 the messages I’m seeing.

If I’d seen these as they happened, it’d have been wonderful. How could I get CC (or BCC, whichever) on these rejection emails?

5 Likes
(Felix Freiberger) #2

This would be really useful, especially because incoming mail handling has a few quite surprising corner cases and bugs.

3 Likes
(Régis Hanol) #4

Better than a B/CC email, you can see all the rejected emails and their reasons by going to the /admin/email/rejected section.

1 Like
(Allen - Watchman Monitoring) #5

Great to have, but since I can’t delete things once dealt with, or mark them as “resolved”, that list is harder to keep up with than getting a copy in an inbox.

(Allen - Watchman Monitoring) #6

Would it be possible to attach notes to these, or have them delivered to a team inbox within Discourse?

(Régis Hanol) #7

You could remove them via the rails console.

1 Like
(Allen - Watchman Monitoring) #8

That’d be better than not… but I don’t see how to find the ID to remove via the UI…

I’ve got 50 on the server w the largest issue here, ID 2584 & so on… what’s a good way to remove one?

(Régis Hanol) #9

You will have to open up your browser’s Network inspector and click on any of the error. That will make a request to /admin/email/incoming/<id>.json which is the id of the incoming email.

1 Like
(Régis Hanol) closed #10

This topic was automatically closed after 19 hours. New replies are no longer allowed.