Add an Admin section to the sidebar

Sidebar looks great but I’m struggling to get to the admin page now. Sorry if I missed something obvious

5 Likes

Should be there under “Community” for you if you’re staff:

Screen Shot 2022-09-20 at 11.05.08 AM

7 Likes

It took me days to find that tiny little “admin” link! I typed it by hand more times that I care to admit, especially as I’m tweaking an interface and cursing the fact that people won’t read my oh-so-helpful instructions.

Sounds good to me.

Also, a plugin outlet or two in the sidebar would be nice. I’d love to stick some stuff from my dashboard over there.

11 Likes

I agree, also @keegan made a very nice events widget for the pavilion’s layouts plugin, I hope something similar will make its way in the sidebar :crossed_fingers:

5 Likes

Can you say a bit more about the specific things you’d like to have over there? Are the things you have in mind here specifically useful for you as an admin? Or (in this case) were you thinking about things for all users?

2 Likes

As far as the admin stuff is concerned, maybe really just settings, like the current hamburger has.

But by “my dashboard” I mean a wildly custom plugin (that installs and manages Discourse instances), so I want a plugin outlet so that I could have links to servers that the user could manage.

3 Likes

Just saw this little bit from another topic as well, so pulling it in here:

2 Likes