Add ignore to post menu

We use it as a discourse web view in a part of our mobile application. In the latest update we sent, Apple wants users to have the ignore feature in a visible place. That’s why it doesn’t accept our update.

Actually, the ignore feature already exists in discourse, but in order to use it, you must first go to the user’s profile and find it among the options and choose ignore. Apple wants this feature in the shipping menu. Is there a way to add the ignore button to the post menu?

1 Like

It’s certainly possible with a theme component. Let me try it, and I will get back to you. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

This would make me really happy :grinning: I look forward to hearing from you

1 Like

There’s a dialog at the bottom of every topic where you can set the notification level, including mute. Apple needs on every post?

I must be missing something

2 Likes

I think he’s talking about ignoring a user. I hope. :smile:

2 Likes

now I know why my iPhone hasn’t shipped yet :laughing:

2 Likes

A Post menu solution would be all wrong! Terrible idea. That’s Post granular not User granular.

But then Apple came up with their infamous desktop Mail app interface so should we be surprised? :sweat_smile:

A User Card solution would arguably be better?

4 Likes

Yes, I’m talking about ignoring a user. This is really unreasonable and terrible, I know @robert. “A User Card solution would arguably be better?” This might be more logical and functional. I think Apple will accept it if it is on the user card.

2 Likes

What this springs to mind is the Follow plugin.

I’ve always thought the Follow control could be a drop-down on the User Card and could also have Mute and Ignore options.

3 Likes

Does this also work for users with hidden profile?

4 Likes

Just dont demo that user to Apple :sweat_smile:

… or modify that behaviour too and show barebones user card.

4 Likes