Add invites filter to notification menu, change invite icon to pointing hand

Continuing the discussion from User Invitation/Poking a user to a topic is now live!:

I’m confronted by some confused users (moderators, actually) who want to use the invite button and find it confusing. We will have to update the email template so I’m glad that’s possible.

But when the invite appears on the notification pulldown people don’t understand what the hand pointing right means. And also invite notifications cannot be filtered by on the notifications page.

So it would be helpful to add a line to that notifications menu providing a filter for invite notifications, which also at the same time tells users what that hand pointing right is for. It could go between the mentions and edits.

Meanwhile also suggest changing the INVITE icon from a group icon to the hand pointing right, to reinforce what happens when you invite people.

Cheers! :beers:

I see one use, @techapj when the user enters a username, change the glyph on the button from email to the pointing hand, like so:

Can you add that to the old to-do list? I know it is quite long now…

2 Likes

Done via

https://github.com/discourse/discourse/commit/23c1c5ef19a3483faf05eddcf0f717d90a98d04d

2 Likes

:point_right: looks good

4 Likes

nicely done. thanks! :rocket: