Add script before footer

Hi,

I found a website elfsight.com that basically allows you to use website widgets.

I am still now playing and learning about coding and so on, so do not blameme.

I would love to be able to include a instagram carousel of the pictures of my account as I could do with wordpress. I received this code that should show the widget.

I tried to add it on the /body section of the personalization, but i can’t make it work.

Is there any idea about how to do it?

Thanks!

Please share this code so we are able to help you using it.

1 Like

sorry, when I copy it here it gets erased:

script src=“https://apps.elfsight.com/p/platform.js” defer> /script>
div class=“elfsight-app-77eb9f9f-f46b-4c77-a30c-39a9d72b446a”>/div>

Put it between backticks

```
    script here
    ```
<script src="https://apps.elfsight.com/p/platform.js" defer></script>
<div class="elfsight-app-77eb9f9f-f46b-4c77-a30c-39a9d72b446a"></div>

I can get it to work fine on https://codepen.io/anon/pen/bzjzaR

But it fails on Discourse Theme Creator

Do you have any settings to allow domains to use it in the Elfsight site?

No, there’s no way to add a domain. However, there’s a support line so I will ask over there too :slight_smile:

1 Like

You can inform the error code at Theme Creator is WIDGET_NOT_FOUND

/**/__eappsPlatformBoot1550083652072({"status":1,"data":{"widgets":{"":{"status":0,"reason":"WIDGET_NOT_FOUND"}},"assets":[]}});
1 Like

They told me to give them access to the forum to check.

In the meanwhile, maybe I was thinking about adding this code, which has no limitations and then try to set the same image size for all images.

How would i be able to install this? thanks a lot!

Hi @Falco any advice about the second script install? Thanks!

Any idea how to add this? anyone else, besides @falco? Thanks!

Am I asking for something out to the support areas? It would be a great addition to be able to show instagram pictures of my community in the forum, @Falco can you give me some advice?

Please stop tagging users repeatedly. If and when they have time to respond they will.

1 Like

Sorry, I did not know I was not allowed to tag users every some days. I did not know either that the support replies IF they want or which is the timeline. I don’t think this is the best way to reply to customers trying to use the software also.

Hey @ElForoViajero, sorry if I built wrong expectations for you.

If you are a customer of our hosting you can reach our customer support at team@discourse.org.

Here at #support we do offer support into configuring and using Discourse. Customization and basic use of HTML/CSS/JS is offered at a best effort from the community.

If you have a tight deadline (and a proportional budget) please post on the #marketplace where great people like @pfaffman and @joebuhlig can help you out.

2 Likes

Thanks for ur reply, don’t get me wrong, I am enjoying a lot using discourse and I’m speaking about it to all colleagues. This was of course not something I need with rush, but i thought it could be a nice addition. I just thought that the way of letting us know how support works was not the nicest, sorry for tagging to often. Thanks!

@ElForoViajero how did you get the elfsight script to work on your site?

This one:

add your code on the /head section of your theme :wink: