Here’s my experience with a custom field, as added via the Admin-> customize feature.
- Admin interface -> Add a custom field
- Mark it: Not editable after signup, required at signup, show on public profile (see below)
- have a new user register - All works as expected
- [Grumble that Full Name is still optional]
- View the new user in Admin area
- user field is visible, but not editable
- View the user’s preferences page, Custom Field isn’t shown
- Field is not visible to the user when logged in as him/her
- As the admin, looking at my acount in admin, I can’t edit the field
As I see it, 5 and 6 are not working as expected.
I’d like to see the custom field on the user’s profile page, and I’d like the Admin to be able to edit the field from the UI at all times.