Adding Bulgarian to dropdown

(Orlin Todorov) #1

Hi, I do not see Bulgarian in the dropdown for selecting the default language of the instance I just installed. I see Bulgarian partially translated (~70% of client.yml) on transifex. I see other partially translated languages in the dropdown. I would like to be able to switch the forum to Bulgarian to demo it.
What should I do?
Thanks!

(Arpit Jalan) #2

You will need to add Bulgarian language to Discourse. Here is the howto:

(Orlin Todorov) #3

Thank you for quick answer. I cloned the repository and downloaded and carefully renamed the files from transifex for Bulgarian as per the instructions. I then pressed the button “Commit to master” from the Github Desktop. I am not too experienced with Github. How do I send a pull request? I tried creating a branch too, but it won’t let me push it to the repository.

(Neil Lalonde) #4

You’ll need to make a pull request from a fork of Discourse, since you don’t have permission to push to the Discourse repo. Here are two articles that can help you:

https://help.github.com/articles/working-with-forks/

https://help.github.com/articles/creating-a-pull-request-from-a-fork/

(Orlin Todorov) #5

Hi, Thanks for the tip. I had just forgotten.

I have now forked, added the resource files and sent a pull request. When will the files be available to update my instance?

Best

(Gerhard Schlager) #6

Thanks for your contribution!

I’m really sorry to say that the old Howto you followed was quite out-of-date and we can’t accept the PR in its current state. :flushed:

You can try following the updated guide if you feel up to it. Otherwise we can help you with that.

(Orlin Todorov) #7

Thanks! I have posted a request for help in that thread as suggested. I would have loved to have been able do everything myself, but I only have a windows 7 machine.

(Gerhard Schlager) #8

Done. :bulgaria:

(Orlin Todorov) #9

It worked! Thank you very much!!!

(Gerhard Schlager) #10

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.