Adding Bulgarian to dropdown

Hi, I do not see Bulgarian in the dropdown for selecting the default language of the instance I just installed. I see Bulgarian partially translated (~70% of client.yml) on transifex. I see other partially translated languages in the dropdown. I would like to be able to switch the forum to Bulgarian to demo it.
What should I do?
Thanks!

You will need to add Bulgarian language to Discourse. Here is the howto:

3 Likes

Thank you for quick answer. I cloned the repository and downloaded and carefully renamed the files from transifex for Bulgarian as per the instructions. I then pressed the button “Commit to master” from the Github Desktop. I am not too experienced with Github. How do I send a pull request? I tried creating a branch too, but it won’t let me push it to the repository.

You’ll need to make a pull request from a fork of Discourse, since you don’t have permission to push to the Discourse repo. Here are two articles that can help you:

4 Likes

Hi, Thanks for the tip. I had just forgotten.

I have now forked, added the resource files and sent a pull request. When will the files be available to update my instance?

Best

Thanks for your contribution!

I’m really sorry to say that the old Howto you followed was quite out-of-date and we can’t accept the PR in its current state. :flushed:

You can try following the updated guide if you feel up to it. Otherwise we can help you with that.

3 Likes

Thanks! I have posted a request for help in that thread as suggested. I would have loved to have been able do everything myself, but I only have a windows 7 machine.

Done. :bulgaria:

https://github.com/discourse/discourse/commit/864ada835b2d1d0483950e02a9ef62c14f8e0519

2 Likes

It worked! Thank you very much!!!

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.