Adding members with trust level 0 to private groups

Hello,

I would like to use Discourse for an educational group programm. For that, it needs to be possible that everybody entering the forum can be added to all private groups, regardless of the trust level.

Is that possible?

Thank you! :slight_smile:

Users can be added to groups regardless of their trust levels.

2 Likes

Great, thank you, @jomaxro :sunglasses:

1 Like

I used to use Discourse to teach my online courses, here are a few other things that might help … or you might know already.

And if you’re adding them to groups manually, you could change their trust level.

Also, if they share an email domain name, you can use that to bump their trust level.

Also, you can do a bulk invite and assign them to groups (and maybe set trust level–I can’t remember) in a CSV file

4 Likes

@pfaffman, thank you, these are valuable tipps. You know, I have no idea how to deal with the software, so for now, I can only do what’s in the admin functions.

All of those suggestions you do through the admin interface.

1 Like

Hey @pfaffman can You explain me how to let anyone registering with a certain domain get escalated trust level?

In the custom group interface you can assign members to a group of they match a domain name. You can also specify that members of the group get a minimum trust level.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 27 hours. New replies are no longer allowed.