Admin Interface and capabilities

I’m thinking about transitioning a set of Mailman mailing lists to use Discourse and I would like to understand the capabilities of the administrative side of Discourse. I could not find much documentation on it. Am I missing it? If detailed documentation does not exist, would it possible to get some screen shots?

It’s not an uncommon scenario, in fact all of these questions have been answered before.

I would recommend using the search or checking out howto - it has a lot of information on the various aspects of Discourse including migrating from and behaving as a mailing list. These topics in particular may interest:

as a starting point.

Although nothing beats practical experience. A $5 DigitalOcean droplet will let you build an instance and explore the software options and configuration yourself.

6 Likes

Thanks for the resources. I was hoping that there was a comprehensive description of all the administrative features of Discourse. Installing it is a fairly big lift for someone just investigating at this point. Thanks again!

Why not start a free hosting trial and see for yourself? We never, ever, ever, ever, EVER charge for trials until the subscribe button is explicitly pressed.

2 Likes