Admin Interface and capabilities

(Jason Glazer) #1

I’m thinking about transitioning a set of Mailman mailing lists to use Discourse and I would like to understand the capabilities of the administrative side of Discourse. I could not find much documentation on it. Am I missing it? If detailed documentation does not exist, would it possible to get some screen shots?

(Stephen) #2

It’s not an uncommon scenario, in fact all of these questions have been answered before.

I would recommend using the search or checking out howto - it has a lot of information on the various aspects of Discourse including migrating from and behaving as a mailing list. These topics in particular may interest:

as a starting point.

Although nothing beats practical experience. A $5 DigitalOcean droplet will let you build an instance and explore the software options and configuration yourself.

(Jason Glazer) #3

Thanks for the resources. I was hoping that there was a comprehensive description of all the administrative features of Discourse. Installing it is a fairly big lift for someone just investigating at this point. Thanks again!

(Jeff Atwood) #4

Why not start a free hosting trial and see for yourself? We never, ever, ever, ever, EVER charge for trials until the subscribe button is explicitly pressed.