Admin settings search should search plugin names

I had missed a plugin setting I wanted because the plugin name did not appear in the description text. Could the search be augmented to also search the plugin slug name?

To be concrete, the setting I was after was this one:

Searching akismet does not bring that up. But there is some metadata there tagged plugin:discourse-akismet — and searching specifically for that complete string does work.

3 Likes

For plugins, I go to /admin/plugins and then click the :gear:  Settings button next to the specific one I want and that brings them up (by filtering on plugin:PLUGIN-NAME) :+1:

Though we are always on the lookout for ways to make the UI more intuitive, so any changes to the setting descriptions, etc are most welcome. :slight_smile: I’m not sure how it would be possible to insert the plugin names in every setting though? But perhaps an easier way to filter from the settings page somehow?

2 Likes

Yes, I’m aware. :+1::+1:

The idea here isn’t necessarily to make the plugin name visible in the admin UI or to change the descriptions in a slew of plugins, but rather just to include the metadata as part of what the search field searches. :bulb:

4 Likes