Admin wrench missing since sidebar changes

The admin wrench now appears at the top of the new scrolling sidebar:

In cases where that sidebar doesn’t exist, there is no wrench (that I can see).

4 Likes

Posted this earlier in the #feature:spec thread, but it got deleted before a fix was implemented :frowning:. This is a big problem when the first post is short, and the wrench in footer opens up and we lose the top options due to the header.

1 Like

I don’t understand what you mean here.

Edit: just worked it out. Different wrenches though, right?

Does this picture help explain? Yes, there are 2 different wrenches, both have been there for a while. I am stating that as the footer wrench opens up, without the wrench in the gutter I cannot select posts in a short topic to move them.

2 Likes

Yup, got it. :slight_smile:
You’ve solved my issue. I hadn’t found that new wrench, which was what I was looking for.

1 Like

I had the exact same issue :slight_smile: I wonder if we can do something here to keep the wrench unconditionally (it also disappears when composer is open atm)

6 Likes

Having this problem also, see here.

Yep, Same here for us v1.6.0.beta7+170 - the Admin wrench is missing in a topic without a timeline shown. It appears above the timeline ok when the topic has several messages, but since we usually use the wrench to pick a single dupe message to move it and merge with an existing, this is a problem.

Chrome Version 51.0.2704.84 m with some simple custom CSS for a header.

EDIT: Scratch that - on latest I see the wrench to the bottom to the left of Bookmarks. All is good with the world.

1 Like

Fixed per:

https://github.com/discourse/discourse/commit/3701a8ada2a96a7a147843d6d48bc672fd677bd3

3 Likes