After recent git pull can no longer view any topic content

I just recently did a git pull and ./launcher rebuild app to pick up the latest updates.

My forum seems to show up fine, but when anyone tries to view an post they get:

Sorry, we couldn’t load that topic, possibly due to a connection problem. Please try again. If the problem persists, let us know.

This includes the admin user.

The only error I see in the error logs is:

NoMethodError (undefined method `[]' for nil:NilClass) /var/www/discourse/plugins/poll/plugin.rb:462:in `block (2 levels) in activate!'
10:13 pm
NoMethodError (undefined method `[]' for nil:NilClass) /var/www/discourse/plugins/poll/plugin.rb:462:in `block (2 levels) in activate!'
10:14 pm

I don’t have the the poll module in my yml file and I’ve never seen that error before…

Any way to debug this further - and ideally get my forum functioning again.

You can see an example post at:

I’ve already tried another ./launcher rebuild app and ended up with the same issues…

I went in and on a whim enabled polls and now all my content shows up correctly - so this is a bug of some sort.

1 Like

Hmm any thoughts here @zogstrip?

I have the same error this morning, and unable to view posts on the main site (fyi, the second site in the multisite setup is working)

NoMethodError (undefined method `[]' for nil:NilClass)
/var/www/discourse/plugins/poll/plugin.rb:462:in `block (2 levels) in activate!'

best,
Walker

1 Like

Enable polls fixes it. (confirmed) but still a bug.

1 Like

Sorry about that. Should be fixed now :banana:

https://github.com/discourse/discourse/commit/92100f82ebed11a3bc53f63b65408e9c92179004

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 24 hours. New replies are no longer allowed.