AI-bot misses date on chat only

I don’t know if this is actual support question, but the staff knows what to do.

I asked on chat from AI-bot what is the phase of moon today in Finland. It asked correctly. Then I asked when is next full moon in Finland. It was totally sure it will be 28.10.2023

When I asked it verifying current date and the reviewing its latest answer, it got it right, 28.7.2024.

But this isn’t the bery first time. By stetson statistic I claim it makes similar error 8 times out of 10, if the request need knowledge of current date. But this happens only in chat. Not when conversation happends on PM or topics.

And why this isn’t pure support question — Chatbot act similar way. Those two AI-solutions has really different system promp, though. But I don’t think that mentionable persona by DAI follows exacly same system prompt that is valid on foorum. That guessing comes from its answers that are different in many ways than what it would generate in PM/topics.

So what is happened here? Does chat chatting using different API what ever to OpenAI’s direction or what?

1 Like

And kind of funniest part here is AI was all the time wrong, no matter what date or year it offered. Right answer would be 21.7.24 — and on PM it knew it.

1 Like