AI helper and translations

Small tools that makes living a bit easier: I didn’t know what word faff [1] means, I can’t recall I would ever even heard it. But thanks for AI helper I got translation right away without need to jump to a browser and bother Google.

I really like that option.

Faff, I like that word.

1. Faff is a rather informal British slang term that refers to wasting time or procrastinating, often in a leisurely or indulgent manner. In other words, to faff around means to spend time doing nothing in particular, or doing something unproductive, often in a relaxed or lazy way. However, in the context of the conversation, it seems the student has taken a liking to the word, possibly because it’s a fun and quirky term, and is using it in a more positive sense to express enthusiasm. (Explanation by AI) ↩︎

11 Likes

I also just used the “add footnote” feature to add an explanation to your post :magic_wand:

The image displays a table with a small number of items on it. The table appears to be a toy set, with various pieces and possibly a small figure or doll. The table is primarily white, with the items in various colors. The items on the table are scattered, with no apparent order or arrangement. The table is set against a plain, unadorned background that provides no additional context or information about the setting. The style of the image is realistic, with no visible distortions or artistic manipulations. The image is focused on the table and its contents, with no other objects or people in the frame.  (Captioned by AI)

7 Likes

Fascinating that the footnote is longer than what is shown in your screenshot.

However, in the context of the conversation, it seems the student has taken a liking to the word, possibly because it’s a fun and quirky term, and is using it in a more positive sense to express enthusiasm. (Explanation by AI)

I think I like the explain feature even more than the translate feature. Instead of providing a German word, it explains the meaning in the context of the post, which is often more helpful for me. (It also explains jokes, plays on words, and sayings)

4 Likes

I’m using explanation same way than Kris demonstrated — to explain terms to my audience if/when there is a risk that it is too difficult or strange.

But translation is purely for my benefit.

1 Like