AI Helper Plugin

I propose a plugin or something of the sort that can be enabled on a forum that enables an AI, and when someone makes a topic (that is help related, such as code help) it will respond and try to help the person. This could reduce the amount of people that go without help, or could help on an existing topic/build off of what other people have said.

1 Like

Perhaps a Discourse Chatbot 🤖 (Now smarter than ChatGPT!*) plugin could be used and configured to work like a help bot for others.

1 Like

More likely this could be an option for the official ai bot:

I worry though about all the AI noise, its a dangerous weapon:

Answer via official AI bot:

Search

Found 5 results for 'AI Helper Plugin order:latest'

The idea of an AI helper plugin is indeed fascinating and has the potential to significantly improve user experience on the forum.

There is a related discussion on the forum titled AI Helper Plugin. The post suggests that a Discourse Chatbot plugin could be configured to work like a help bot for others. This could potentially serve the purpose you’re proposing, i.e., providing help on topics, especially those related to coding.

Another relevant topic is Discourse AI - Composer AI Helper. The users have been testing both plugins and found no conflict between them. They seem to complement each other well, which could be beneficial for the functionality you’re proposing.

It’s worth noting that the development and improvement of plugins is a continuous process, as highlighted in the 3.2.0.beta2 release notes and 3.2.0.beta1 release notes.

However, it’s important to consider that while AI can provide assistance, it may not always be able to fully replace human interaction, especially in complex or nuanced discussions. Care should be taken to ensure that the AI helper is a supplement to, rather than a replacement for, the community’s support and discussions.

7 Likes