Air Theme

@jordan-vidrine

Is it possible to insert one latest topic under it/the subcategories if any exist?

I want to condense all this

Into the box above, so one topic and the little bullet style view of the sub categories.

2 Likes

At the moment, no this is not possible. This is a nice request though, maybe something to think about adding in the future.

2 Likes

Thankā€™s for the theme

How size itā€™s necessary for the background image behind search bar ?

1 Like

Youre welcome!

Ideally, Iā€™d say 1920 pixels wide x 1080 pixels high.

1 Like

Hi @jordan-vidrine

A few questions.

First, the dark mode toggle is also not appearing on my site, even with the 2 color pallets selected. Iā€™m using the sidebar so perhaps thatā€™s part of the issue?

Second, Iā€™m wondering if itā€™s possible to adjust the Category Box text. In my instance, I have 14 modules, and once I get to Module 10, it shows M1. The same is true for Modules 11, 12, 13, and 14. This would be confusing for users. Can I edit these specifically?

Third, what is the pixel size for the Category Boxes? Now that Iā€™ve switched, all of the category images are squished trying to fit to the dimensions. Iā€™ll need to resize everything to fix this.

Fourth, can I adjust how much of the search banner background image is shown? It seems a recent update has reduced the size of the image that displays here dramatically.

1 Like

Have you made sure to follow all of the steps outlined in that component? You also need to enable a dark theme needs to be at: /admin/site_settings/category/basic?filter=dark

I havenā€™t had an issue with this, even with sidebar enabled.

Unfortunately no, there isnā€™t a way to change this. Would it be possible for you to label them as 01, 02, and so on? Without the world module attached?

The dimensions are 132x132.

Would you mind sharing a screenshot of what is happening here? I havent noticed this on my demo site.

1 Like

Thanks for the explanations and help here! I didnā€™t realize there was an extra component for the Dark/Light. I can figure out a way to make the module numbers more clear, perhaps adding an image to replace the text default. Your suggestion of 01 is good too.

For the search banner:

Before, I was able to see at least 2x more of this image. When I started the day (even before adjusting the theme) the image was reduced in size, so it seems it was an update that caused it? Even if I upload a file per your suggested dimensions in another post above (1920x1080) it still does this stretching thing.

2 Likes

Have you also followed the instructions on how to set the search banner? I dont see any text there, but maybe you removed that?

Also, to add this image, did you do this in a theme component?

1 Like

I did follow all the instructions on how to set the search banner. It is set below site header as required. I removed the text, yes. But previously there was also no text and it showed much more. It still only shows a sliver of the image. I uploaded the image as background to the search banner, not in the theme component.

This is how I had it setup before I made any changes, and even this morning before I changed everything the image appeared much more cut off than it had previously, which is why I suspect an update has caused it. At this point, Iā€™m only seeing maybe 1/4 of the image at most.

I also tried editing the theme component to recreate this, but the image was very pixelated when I did that. Not sure why it starting doing this today. I also noticed today many of my other theme details were off, so perhaps itā€™s just a buggy day. Thatā€™s what prompted me to try a new theme, this one. In the end, not a big deal I can make a new image that works better. Just curious as to why thereā€™s such a big difference all of a sudden.

2 Likes

There is a bug in the theme with the mobile view when the reply count value increases the layout gets messy and does not remain aligned anymore.

See

Screenshot 2023-08-30 012555

After the update, it gets better but still has alignment issues with the date and reply count.

Screenshot 2023-09-02 023646

Screenshot 2023-09-02 024148

1 Like

Please put this in the theme I created a component and added the code as you said but still views column does not appear. :confused:

Edit:

I was trying to add the view column with Jordan-provided code but dunno why it was not working I applied your code and it works Thank you :grinning:

2 Likes

Hey guys! Beautiful theme, been enjoying it very much.

Does anyone know how to display subcategories here instead of category description? I use layout Categories + Latest Topics for homepage.

Thank you in advance

a

2 Likes

Installing your own theme-component and attaching it to the theme should work. You will want to add this line into the css of the theme component.

.custom-category-boxes .description {
    display: none;
}

To install a custom theme component you will go to /admin/customize/themes click Install then click Create New.

From there you will be taken to the new componentā€™s page, where you will select which theme you want it to be included on.

You can then click Edit CSS + Html and add the code I sent you above to the common.scss file.

3 Likes

Thanks, that worked! But what about displaying sub-categories? This code isnā€™t working for some reason

.category-boxes .subcategories {
    display: flex !important;
    flex-flow: wrap;
}
1 Like

Can you tell me how you added those icons for the categories? :grinning:

2 Likes
  1. Click on the category you want to edit
  2. Go to settings (tool icon)
  3. Images ā†’ Category Logo Image
3 Likes

I see, Thanks :smiley:

2 Likes

A post was split to a new topic: How to change search banner headline font size?

This theme would be near perfect if the issue was sorted that appears to have been raised many times in this thread by multiple users.

Iā€™m experiencing the same where the background on mobile is inconsistent with the desktop, making things unreadable. It basically makes it unusable on mobile under certain scenarios.

Mobile Example:
Light theme:

Dark Theme:

Desktop Example:

Light Theme:

Dark Theme

I appreciate the effort and work on this theme however itā€™s a shame this inconsistency is being treated as some sort of feature rather than a bug despite it being raised many times. I will certainly start using it if this can be sorted out.

UPDATE

I think itā€™s just the discourse-docs plugin that has the above issue. Iā€™m not sure how this can be sorted out though, ideally it would be nice to have the discourse docs working well with theme this as theyā€™re both nice features for the forum.

3 Likes