Alien Night Theme - A free Dark Theme for Discourse

SO GREAT ! How do I apply this to my theme ? @B-iggy

1 Like

If you are using the Alien Night Theme, you should have got informed by now, that there is an update available.
So just click on Check for Updates and upgrade to the latest version.

3 Likes

@B-iggy
I know I’m asking a lot of questions :frowning:

How do I change the background of these pop-up answers. ?

Bir de varsayılan olarak light başlaması için bir yöntem var mı?

1 Like

What background do you mean exactly?

1 Like

@B-iggy
As you can see in the picture, clicking on 2 answers opens the answers. Can I change the background color of these pop-up responses?

Dropdown field Can I adjust the background?

1 Like

Good point.
Highlight the Reply button was always on my list…

A new version is out. Please upgrade.

I considered your suggestion as following:

1 Like

@B-iggy
I’m grateful <3 Can I change the colors?

1 Like

Currently not. I’ll add options for that

2 Likes

Hello @B-iggy I’m liking the theme. However, it does not like versatile banners. Also I have a random checkbox.

It also seems to not like this

Thanks for help when you can.

3 Likes

This is what I wanted, thanks!

2 Likes

I feared the theme might have issues with other components. I will check the versatile banners out. What exactly does not work?

That is new to me. Is this because of the versatile banners?

On what page is this? What are those icons all for?

2 Likes

Hello B-iggy!
Thanks for getting back to me. Just give me a while as I am pretty busy.
Thanks again.

2 Likes

Basically, it makes the orange image orange background dissapear and replaces it with white.

Orange background

The tickbox seems to be for switching between light and dark theme. Not the slider as it shows in the theme.

It could be. I’m not sure, still looking at that

This would be the post badges theme component

2 Likes

great stuff. all modes looks great.

1 Like

Hello @ondrej

thanks for the details.
I am afraid I couldn’t reproduce any of your reports :frowning:

I tried all of your mentioned things and everything looks good for me.
Be it the post badges theme component
Be it the versatile banner

Or the Light <> Dark switch

Especially your checkbox for Light and Dark gives me the one and only conclusion:
you are using an outdated Browser (e.g. Internet Explorer 10), which I (won’t) don’t support. Is this right? :wink:

3 Likes

I’ve been toying with this for https://discuss.elastic.co but I can’t figure out how to get our default header icon, with black text, to swap to one with white text so it’s still readible.

I can see in the OP you’ve got that happening, and any advice you could give would be appreciated :smiley:

2 Likes

Loving the theme, thank you! Is there a way to make the ‘light’ version as the default? Then users can choose the dark version if they want to?

The light version is exactly what i am looking for in colours etc so would prefer that as the default.

3 Likes

Thanks for your feedback guys. This week was very stressful but will work on your points on the weekend!

5 Likes

Hello @martinkerr
finally :see_no_evil:
I’ve released a new version where you can set what you want:

4 Likes

Hi, i am new to Discourse so not sure if this is a user error, but i am having issues editing the colours.

I copied the theme default dark colours and edited them to my own choices, thing is some colours changed and some did not?

See image for new colours and the actual change of colours in admin section, what colours worked can be seen at main site is talk.carptalk.com
Is it a user error or a bug?

1 Like