All outgoing email has been globally disabled by an administrator

Just saw this message appear at the top of my forum:

All outgoing email has been globally disabled by an administrator. No email notifications of any kind will be sent.

I was re-running an import script. Still using Gmail, but /logs doesn’t show anything for the past 24 hours (Debug through Fatal are checked).

UPDATE: after reloading the page, the message is gone. What might’ve happened?

4 Likes

The import script probably disable emails during import so it’s fast and doesn’t send emails with unfinished data.

6 Likes

Hello, I have intentionally disabled all outgoing emails. Now all users see the message on the top of the forum: All outgoing email has been globally disabled by an administrator. No email notifications of any kind will be sent.

How can I disable this message? (Having outgoing emails still disabled)

OK, I got this quite fast.

Just need to add CSS customization:

.alert-emails-disabled {
    display: none;
}
5 Likes

I have tired to restore from UI, and restore got failed, and I got message:

All outgoing email has been globally disabled by an administrator. No email notifications of any kind will be sent.

root@xxx-app:/var/www/discourse# rails c
[1] pry(main)> SiteSetting.disable_emails = false
Discourse::InvalidParameters: value
from /var/www/discourse/lib/site_settings/type_supervisor.rb:181:in `validate_value'
[2] pry(main)>

but it does not help,

please let me know, how to remove this message and enable notifications.
Thanks.

@Falco, please let me know how to remove message and enable notifications.

1 Like

Try SiteSetting.disable_emails = 'no'.

4 Likes

thanks very much.

I have set “disable emails” to “no”, at /admin/site_settings/category/emailI, then it worked.

3 Likes

You can set it via the GUI too (seems easier than having to edit a configuration file):

10 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.