Allow author of wiki post to revert changes

I have ran into an issue where I had a giant post that I marked as a wiki post, so other people can edit it, but someone who didn’t know what a wiki post was, decided to just completely vandalize it, deleting the entire thing, and just making the post completely stupid.

In order for me, as a regular user and the original author of the post, I had to go back through the history, copy the entire original post, then edit the current post to get it back to a good state.

Since I was on my phone, and the post was giant, it took me a while to copy the entire original post, so I could fix the vandalism.

I’m asking, can there please be an option to allow the author of a wiki post to be able to revert changes to a post, so that it’s easier to recover issues like this? It would have made my life so much easier.

1 Like

Not disagreeing with your request, but an alternative approach could be to flag the vandalized wiki post, so that moderators / admins can not only revert to the last correct version, but also do something about the vandalizer.

In my case, I was on a small forum, where the main moderator reads literally every post, and likely would find out about it. I personally would rather revert the changes myself, then flag the post to wait for a mod to fix it (plus, we talked about it in the thread, so the mods could see what happened). I think maybe being able to flag edits would allow someone to flag an edit, as well as being able to revert the changes, so that the vandalizer gets their punishment, and the post gets back to how it’s supposed to be without waiting for a mod to fix it (which can take some time).