Allow category moderators to manage sub-categories

Hello,

In addition to all the moderator features given to the “Category Moderator” feature (which is great by the way, thanks !), I would love to be able to give the ability to Category moderators to moderate (and manage) their category AND sub-categories.

I’ve already read a thread mentioning that big communities (> X thousands of members) should probably split their discourse forum into multiple forums. However in the case of our community (a sport related one) we want multiple small entities (“clubs”) to have access to their own top level category and be able to moderate its content, but also manage their own sub-categories. We don’t want to give full-instance moderator rights to those “club owners” as it gives a lot of privileges that we prefer to keep for a limited set of people in that community.

I’ve also read a comment (can’t find the discussion now, sorry) about “trusting moderators”, which I agree with, but in the community we are trying to build we have pretty independent entities (each “club”) which work well by their own, have existing identified responsible owners, but we also have transversal work groups (which span across multiple “club”), thus the need for a unified Discourse instance.

Is there any chance to add the possibility for those Category moderators to create sub-categories?

Many thanks for your help and for the amazing work done in Discourse software :heart:

3 Likes