Allow Category Moderators to set Auto-Delete topic timers

I’ve also just noticed that Category Mdoerators cannot set Topic Timers. The auto-delete functionality is very useful for us to remove content which won’t be useful in the future. Are there any plans to include this functionality in the future? Perhaps also connected to a site setting so existing instances can retain the current functionality?

3 Likes

This has now been added. :partying_face:

2 Likes

Thank you for adding this Feature. I gave this a quick run through this morning. When a user is trust level 4 it looks great, but if they are trust levels 1,2 or 3 then they don’t have the topic timer despite being a Category Moderator.

It looks like we’re currently running the folowing version so should have the most recent changes

Is it intended to still restrict TL1,2,3?

1 Like

Yes, TL4 is necessary.

Interesting.

Currently it looks like this change achieves topic-timers for TL4, rather than Topic-Timers for Category Moderators. Whilst this is an improvement, there are users who should be able to freely make these changes in their Category, but definitely not be able to make the same level of changes in other Cateogories(e.g. they are not a subject expert for that Category). I skimmed the changes and I’m guessing there’s a bit more to it if we want to make this functionality Trust Level Agnostic?

A TL4 have access to topic timers, but only a category moderator has access to auto-delete topic timer, which is what this topic is about.

1 Like

Ahh, I see exactly what you mean now.

Sorry, that was a complete oversight on my part that the Topic timers were TL based for Category Moderators

I was thinking along the lines of, a Category Mod should also be able to utilise the Topic Timers for that given Category, just like a Moderator can globally.

How possible is it to decouple this functionality from TL level so a Category Moderator can utilise it regardless of TL level?

2 Likes

Looking at Trust Level Permissions Table (inc Moderator Roles) as whole, the “Category Moderator” role is a step up from TL4 in many fronts, but with the added power of destructive actions on the categories they are assigned too.

There are no plans to change that at the moment.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 3 days. New replies are no longer allowed.