Allow grace period editing window for messages to staged users

I am testing out the ability to send messages to email, thereby creating staged users, and discovered there appears to be no grace period edit window. It sends the email immediately.

I am one of those people who relies heavily on the grace period edit window to quickly make fixes. Could it be possible to make this available? Or possibly to add a modal to warn us that the message is going out by email immediately and will create a staged user?

1 Like

Why would grace period not apply here @sam that seems odd.

By default, the ‘email time window’ for personal messages is much shorter than regular topics, so maybe that’s what you’re seeing?

The two settings are

• email time window mins: default 10 minutes
  • personal email time window seconds: default 20 seconds
9 Likes

Ah - that does sound right. Many thanks. I have now changed personal email time window seconds setting to 600 seconds to match the email time window mins.

I’ll test but am assuming this is the answer.

6 Likes

Keep in mind that you just added a 10 minute delay to your “emails” (though this may be your goal). That’s quite a long time from when you click “reply” to when the staged user is actually emailed. It could really slow down conversations you’re having with a staged user.

6 Likes

Yep. I am aware. And if it becomes an issue I may lower to 5 mins. But for now I like having some time to still make fixes before sending, same as topics.

1 Like

10 minutes seems like a lot. Our default (not for staged email replies, but for regular replies) is 5 minutes and I feel that is the sweet spot for rational editing after the fact.

2 Likes