Allow PM mentions plugin. Restore group (@admins) mentions in user messages for Discourse 2.2 and up

Updated and working with 3.0 stable.

New feature has been added on 18.08.2020 (see this post)

To edit the custom prompt search for js.restore_pm_mentions.alert

Description

As you may know already, the ability to mention @Jean11 groups within PMs was removed in Discourse 2.2. I found this feature very useful (so did my community) and I was sad to see it go. This plugin brings the function back. It’s a super simple plugin that only adds one setting to your discourse instance:

So, if your users miss the old way of inviting admins to PMs, feel free to use it.

REPO:

Description:

This plugin allows your users to mention @admins in their PMs. The tag sends a notification to all admins in the admin group.

Note: This will only work on admin group mentions, not regular users.

Thank you.

New feature has been added on 18.08.2020 (see this post)

1 Like

It might make sense to rename it “allow PM mentions” particulally for new communities who were never aware of the pre 2.2 loophole where this worked.

3 Likes

Fixed (I think). Thank you.

Updated for 2.3.1 - As there was an issue where user to user tags didn’t work when the plugin was running on Discourse 2.3.1.

4 Likes

Tested and working with the latest version as of 01.10.2019.

4 Likes

Tested again. Tested and working for 2.3.6 Stable.

3 Likes

Tested and working for 2.4.1 - No updates needed!

1 Like

Tested and working for 2.5.0 - No update required!

2 Likes

The plugin has been updated. The @administrator mention feature backfired and sometimes we get overwhelmed with requests. To let users know that they shouldn’t abuse the tag the plugin will now feature a warning before a post/topic which tagged @admins or @administrator is sent:

2 Likes

Updated and working with 2.7.0 stable :slight_smile:

Updated and working with 3.0 stable.

1 Like