Always-Anonymous Categories Plugin

Do you get a “post needs approval” modal that pops up after posting? The post goes through and doesn’t actually needs review but you get the alert.

I recently forked this into a private repo to implement the fix that @Daniel_Lopes posted, and while it works, I do receive the same pop-up about needing moderation, though the post gets made immediately. It’s more of a nag than anything else, but I’d love to resolve this.

Please note that Daniel made an additional fix in his repository that he did not mention in this topic.

https://github.com/discourse-plugins/discourse-anonymous-categories/commit/08dda707fb01fcdeaf78782997f019f5548b590b#diff-b61ae67bc6a57a3decb8d15b832077f4L89-L93

Just fork his repo and you’ll be fine.

6 Likes

@RGJ

This plugin working correctly or not ? because i did enable the option

Force posts to be anonymous in this category

and it’s keep unchecked, how we can make the category post being anonymously ?

Thanks
Ed.

I have repaired the plugin, it is now working on latest tests-passed and latest stable again.

Please note that the correct repository is GitHub - communiteq/discourse-anonymous-categories: Always-anonymous categories for Discourse

11 Likes

Thank you! Feel free to reach out to us as we roll out the complete Ember CLI upgrade, which is years in the making, and will get us up to the current version of Ember… we’re paying down massive amounts of tech debt here courtesy @eviltrout :clap:

7 Likes

Users on my instance noticed that the presence functionality (“[user icon] is replying…”) in anonymous categories partly blows the anonymity. Do we just have to disable presence site-wide to prevent this?

4 Likes

The presence can be specifically hidden for anonymous categories, using CSS.

// Replace "anon" with the slug for your anonymous category
body.category-anon div.presence-users {
    display: none;
}

Yesterday I found that replying via email to a post in the anonymous category is not forced to be anonymous (I did enable the setting). Could anyone help fix this?

1 Like

Sorry to bump this topic, is anyone still using this plugin and can confirm that it works?

1 Like

Hi Crius :wave:

I see that the linked plugin is hosted under Communiteq’s repo. You might want to contact them directly on their website or here :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Yes to both questions, we have clients using the plugin and we’re maintaining it.

1 Like

Hey there, I’m starting to use GitHub - communiteq/discourse-anonymous-categories: Always-anonymous categories for Discourse

I’m wondering how anonymous these topics are. Can anon topics be linked to a user’s original profile?

cc/ @michaeld

By an admin or someone in possession of a backup: yes.

By others: no.

1 Like

Is there some way for all users to share the same anonymous account (no chance to edit, of course).

I imagine this could be achieved through some bot that posts on behalf of users. ANyone know of such an implementation?