Amzn.eu short links not rewritten by Affiliate plugin

It seems, that the fairly new amzn.eu shortlinks are not rewritten by the plugin, does anyone have the same issue?

2 Likes

@rishabh any plans to add amzn.eu Link support to rewrite the links as well?

3 Likes

I don’t there are any plans at the moment, but pinging @zogstrip to see if he has any thoughts about this addition.

4 Likes

I’d be happy to have the plug-in support this new domain.

@jrgong would you like to make a pull request to add support for this domain?

4 Likes

I am not a developer, so I won’t be able to do that unfortunately. But maybe @Ahmed_Gagan can do that :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Hi @zogstrip
Yes I can make a PR for the fix.

7 Likes

I hope that in the future I can support many other platforms besides amazon, like I deploy affilate with digital products and add custom UTM feature when there is an outlink from my website.

2 Likes

Hi wondering if any progress on this? As it seems that amazon.ca uses short links. Imagine that most Amazon sites are now using short links.

Thanls

a.co links are used by default when sharing from amazon.com as well now.

From European countries, it uses amzn.eu.

2 Likes

I used a.co and amzn.eu here with the plugin enabled:

It created oneboxes with full links and with the attached affiliate tag. So I guess it already works, and nothing has to be done?

1 Like

On my site the a.co links are inline with other text and don’t get the affiliate tag added.

Edit: just to be sure, I updated everything and rebuilt the HTML for a post that has a.co in it, and the tag isn’t added. I tried both inline and onebox, but the onebox doesn’t appear. The link is in this format: a.co/d/some-chars.

2 Likes

Does it work if you disable the affiliate plugin?

I will need to retest. So it expands the short link and adds the affiliate code ?

Even on Amazon I find it often takes a couple of triesto get the full link copied to clipboard with the affiliate code.