"An error occurred: The requested URL or resource could not be found." when trying to delete user in moderation queue

When I tried to delete a new user who’d posted a load of foreign-language spam I got this message. I’m on 2.9.0beta14. It was the same whichever of the two “delete” options I chose.

Edit: Just noticed that the user did get deleted (“Deleted via review queue”) so maybe I just clicked the button too many times.

3 Likes

I’m also getting this repeatedly with 3.1.0.beta2. The user is deleted despite the error message (and I’ve only clicked once).

3 Likes

Sorry for the delay, I meant to reply to this one at the time, but for some reason did not get round to posting the draft…

I also see this a fair bit when deleting spam users. Everything works as expected, but you do get the “An error occurred…” modal pop up, which can be misleading.

To replicate:

• Paste a chunk of Lorem Ipsum in for their first post to trigger 'New user typed their first post suspiciously fast, suspected bot or spammer behavior.`
  • When reviewing, select ‘delete user’
  • Receive error modal (though everything has worked and the user has been deleted)
4 Likes

This happens for me with just one user and message as well.

See https://screenshot.sunlime.at/116314c9c34a223f69678a41b04209fa.mp4

This is not the self-hosted version but the SAAS version.

Hello and welcome @LordSimal :slight_smile:

I think your report is more similar to this bug so I’ve slipped your post across. :+1:

We think it’s connected to the ‘typing too fast’ flags not being retained in the Review Queue history, and when following the individual notification from the menu you land on a specific page for that flag. When deleted, the page no longer exists which then throws up that info box.

Someone has been assigned to investigate, and I think a fix is in the pipeline. :crossed_fingers: :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I think this has been fixed in: :partying_face:

1 Like

I can confirm that my error from the video above doesn’t happen anymore :partying_face:

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 2 days. New replies are no longer allowed.